5 Steps To Advance Your Career
Where will your career be 365 days from today? The answer lies within yourself and what you do to help advance your career. In order to put yourself on the right track, spend some time considering the following five pieces to your 2015 career path:
- What’s Your Passion?
A career without passion will leave you feeling tired and unfulfilled. Take some time to consider what you love to do within your chosen career path.
- Find the Gap – Fill the Gap – Bring Value
Where and how can you bring value to your organization, your department and your career?
- Design Your Career Map
With a clear vision of where you want your career to go in the future, you can map out the steps it will take to get there.
- Read Books That Inform, Instruct and Inspire Your Career.
Below are a few books I recommend:
- How to win friends and influence people – Dale Carnegie
- Innovator’s Dilemma – Clayton Christensen
- How will you measure success – Clayton Christensen
- Outliers, tipping point – Malcolm Gladwell
- Pitch Anything – Oren Klaff
- Marketing: A love story – Bernadette Jiwa
- Be Proactive In Your 2015 Career Path
Pay attention to opportunities within your organization, keep an eye on the state of your career marketplace and proactively watch for new jobs, even if you have no intention of leaving your current position. You can watch the job market by subscribing to our Hot Jobs e-Newsletter here.
Until next time,