75 of the AmLaw 200 participated in our eDiscovery Critical Trends Survey this year. Here are the top 5 takeaways.
- Top 3 Pain Points:
- Variety of data sources
- Institutional resistance to change
- Volume of data growth
2. eDiscovery workload is up at 78% of AmLaw.
3. 38% of the AmLaw 200 will add eDiscovery talent.
4. 91% expect to increase usage of AI and advanced analytics.
5. The top 5 technology investment priorities are:
- Review technology
- Project management workflow software
- Predictive analytics
- Matter management
- Knowledge management
Regarding careers and the demand and flow of talent:
The demand for litigation support talent in the AmLaw 200 space continues to scale back for the 2nd year in a row.
Remaining professionally relevant will require skills, competency and experience with advanced technology, advanced project management, improved productivity metrics and the ability to manage up, down and out.
Professional development, technical and leadership training will be critical to professional advancement and success between 2017 – 2020.
Would you like a full copy of The Cowen Group’s Law Firm eDiscovery Critical Trends Report. Click here.
Thank you to NightOwl Discovery for making this report possible.